Tuesday 3 January 2017

Charlene Roberts of Jamaica won Ms United Nations 2016

Charlene Roberts Ms United Nations 2016 


Name: Charlene Roberts

Title: Ms United Nations 2016  

Name three words or phrases that best describe you: Kind, Volunteerism, Perseverance

Name three different words or phrases that you think someone else would use to describe you: Understanding, Kind, hard working.

Describe any special talents that you may possess: I enjoy Dancing, and acting.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why? If there is one thing I could change about myself would be to give myself more credit for the great accomplishments that I have achieved in my life thus far despite the obstacles I’ve had to face growing up. I truly believe that one should try to be the best version of themselves that they can be, but while attaining this goal remind yourself of how far you’ve came despite the seemingly distance on the journey you are on.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years and how do you plan to get there? In the next ten years i see myself continuing Volunteering and growing my non-profit organization in Jamaica on supporting the Education of youth along with fighting for the rights and well affair of children. Within ten year I would have already graduated from the University of the West Indies in Kingston Jamaica with my second degree with a masters in Entrepreneurship/Entertainment management and a Minor in marketing. My grooming institute will also be in operations for Etiquette training, Public speaking, Runway modeling, and building a brand in business along with annual workshop to focus on the youth. Making myself a better person is key but not only for myself but others around me. My goal in this life is to make a difference in someone’s life, I seek not for glorification through materialistic objects or people but to truly make an impact and change on this earth. The three p’s I live by Preparation, Perseverance, Prayer, I am assured with god all things is possible and without him I am nothing.

How did you get started doing community service projects and activities? Volunteerism is not an activity that i indulge in occasionally it’s who I am. From a young age growing up in Jamaica my Grandmother and parents were very helpful to others in many ways. Moving to America at 9 years old i became very involve in my church functions as I was in Jamaica. My church in New Jersey had a lot of different outreach program for our local community to help the youth and elderly, we also went to nursing homes every holiday to donate goods and spend some time. At 14 years old I joined another church of Jesus Christ apostolic in Englewood New Jersey I continued to do charity work with my church throughout outreach programs, charity events and through church volunteering with non-profit organization CUMAC and many others. During school I volunteered at every volunteering initiative put on by the performing arts academy as I was a part of that faculty during high school and my first college in New Jersey. I’m current active member of the nonprofit organization Angels of love society UWI Mona Chapter which gears towards the comfort and welfare of  children with Cancer outside of school volunteering I volunteer with the United Nation’s organization at the Christian boys home and other home’s and activity. In my spare time I volunteer by giving back to a family that is in need by providing the basic necessity to survive while sending a child to school. Making a difference in some’s life an essential part of being a human being.

How much time do you currently devote to volunteerism? Every weekend i volunteer With the United Nations family, and a few time’s out of the Month. I volunteer my time by helping a family which I have been helping since last year. With the Angels of love organization we visit the UWI hospital at least 4 times a month to see the patience’s. Whenever necessary when I am called upon by the Angels of love organization for Volunteering I make myself available.

How do you usually find the community service projects and activities that you participate in within your community? The Channels which I have used to volunteer are Church, school, UNP and others. My friends and family know I enjoy making an impact in people’s life so I’m the first to know about new activity geared towards building society.

What was your favorite community service project and why? Describe what value you think you brought to the project.  Giving back as truly been a pleasure for me, but if I had to choose a special moment when giving back to others would be my first visit with the Angels of love organization to visit UWI hospital to see and spend time with some of our Angels we call them Battling with cancer. I‘ve had a family member die at a young age from Cancer and I currently have a member in my family who has been facing with heredity issues dealing with cancer. Going to the UWI Hospital and getting a hands on experience in the children’s everyday lives was really life changing, seeing a toddler cry because of pain or loss of a function of their body really touched my heart. Meeting parents and hearing the stories of some of these children’s were so heart aching, I assured them that the lord loves them and that I was there for them. I knew by me being a part of that moment was not just about bringing gifts for children but it was about assuring them that god is able and that reaching out and touching someone is all that is needed to make this world a better place.

How do you plan to use your title to help others within your community? Should i win the Title of Ms. United Nations 2016 I plan on continuing to work with the Christian Boys home and other Homes with the United Nations Pageant, even after my reign is over. I also will continue volunteering and advocating on the behalf of the less fortunate and be a voice for them by encouraging others to volunteer and donate to the less fortunate. Being an active member of the Angels of love cancer organization UWI Mona Chapter my duties will continue to contribute to the lives of children battling with cancer and their families throughout 2016 and for years to come. By September 2016 I will raise Money to send a child to school for a year, this year will be the second year I will be doing so, I started this initiative by using my own personally money  to send a child to school last year when I saw the need of a family I just met. I also plan on putting on a back to school drive which will be donated to the Christian boy’s home and the Children home Walker’s Palace of safety in Jamaica. I have a few events plan for charity, my aim is not just to represent the United Nations brand throughout this year but it is to be a proud lifelong ambassador and continue to spread to message of building a nation by touching someone’s life.

Describe why you think you would be the best representative of the Miss United Nations Pageants LLC as Ms. United Nations 2016? I know that I would be a great representative as Ms. United Nations 2016, because I am a dedicated and hardworking individual, and I enjoy volunteering. The United Nations Organization is another platform wish I am honored to be a part of by giving back to others. I am assured that I will represent brand UNP locally and internationally and My Country Jamaica by continuing to dedicate my life by being a philanthropist and setting a good example for others by making an impact in build a better society. Volunteerism is not something that I do it’s who I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment