Wednesday 18 May 2016

Mrs Jamaica United Nations 2016 Dr Peta-gay Chen-Ledbetter



Name: Dr.Peta-gay Chen Ledbetter
Age: 47 yrs
Height: 168 cm
Occupation: Psychologist
Hobbies: Singing, dancing, skydiving and volunteering.
Why do you want to enter? I enter this pageant to raise more public awareness about the prevalence of sexual assault. One in 3 women and 1 in 5 men will experience interpersonal violence in their lifetime. This rate has not decreased in several decades and in fact, is worse if one considers human trafficking rates globally. Silence perpetuates the violence. This is due to the stigma and shame experienced by each survivor. I myself, am a 30-year survivor of an assault and I will not be silent . I will continue to be a voice for those who feel they have no voice. I will be a role model for healing and wholeness. I want others to know that thriving and not just surviving is possible. I will NOT be silent. My journey as a survivor has been my driving force to help others heal. It is why I became an RN, why I returned for my Masters in Counseling, why I continued my education to earn dual PhDs in Educational Psychology and Individual Differences. My passion to help others heal is why I have been a 13-year volunteer with HAWC to counsel survivors. Why I am involved in multiple state, national and international agencies such as TAASA, NAAPISEV, Elijah Rising. Love143, Hope House and many others. I speak publicly as the opportunity arises, to bring awareness because it is getting worse, not better. My ultimate goal is to represent my country international and make my homeland proud because I will not be silent!

Breaking News: 2nd Position for People's Choice Ambassador 2016
Mrs Jamaica United Nations 2016 ( 85,900 Votes)
Get DOUBLE Votes for People's Choice Ambassador 2016 ($10 give you 200 votes instead 100 votes) Promotion extended to June 30,2016 Conditions apply. Vote vote http://www.munp.org/contestants/2016/misses/mrs-jamaica-2016


No comments:

Post a Comment